Who We Are
The University Programs Council (UPC) is a student-run programming board that provides students and other members of the University and Charlottesville communities with a wide variety of entertaining and educational activities and events. We actively seek and encourage ideas while dedicating and challenging ourselves to incorporate the needs and desires of the UVA community.
By encouraging boundless expression, the University Programs Council strives to enhance the UVA experience through programming creative, educational and entertaining programs for diverse audiences.
1. Programming creative, educational and entertaining programs for diverse audiences
2. Providing an outlet for personal growth in leadership and career goals
3. Acting as a sounding board to the student body
164 Newcomb Hall
Please fill out this form to apply to co-sponsor an event with UPC.
Our UPC Ad-Hoc Outreach Committee will meet bi-weekly to approve and disapprove events.
Events UPC will not co-sponsor
- Philanthropic events
- Events that are not open to all students (any student must have the opportunity to attend)
- Prefer events to be free
- Events where alcohol is present
- Events that only ask for marketing or funding
UPC’s goals for co-sponsorships
- Work with CIOs on events which enhance and enrich the student experience
- Co-sponsor events with an important message
- Reach students who usually lack interest in attending events or do not hear about UPC events
- Co-sponsor with organizations which bring unique insight to the table
UPC’s co-sponsorship process
- CIOs send in Co-Sponsorship request form
- UPC’s Outreach Ad-Hoc Committee reviews co-sponsorship requests
- Outreach Committee will send requests which meet our standards to the UPC committee best fit to be a potential co-sponsor
- UPC committee will decide whether to take on the co-sponsorship